Monday, December 19, 2005

The View from my Living room

So I woke up this morning and looked out my window and this is what I see. Well okay, so this isn't really the view from my living room but when I saw this I thought it looked cool, so I needed to share it with you all! It also made me glad that Portland doesn't get ice like this bad. Imagine trying to scrap the ice off your car when it look like this pic that's some thick ice and most of us scrap the ice off our cars with a credit card...wow...that would take forever! I'd just go back inside and go to bed.
Seeing pictures like this always make me want to sit in a nice warm house with some hot chocolate, enjoying the warm glow of my computer monitor. Seriously though, winter is one of the coolest (no pun intended) times of the year. Being able to go for walks in the snow (or rain if your in Portland--which is not nearly as much fun), celebrating Christmas, drinking warm Egg Nog, hanging out with friends and family, 24hour Christmas music radio stations (although they can be a curse too) but the best thing about winter time...Snow days. Again the problem being Portland just doesn't get many snow days...*sigh*...oh well.
So what's your favorite thing about winter? And if you have some cool winter pictures, post them or give a link to find them. Well that's all for now, so Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the winter too.. it gives me an excuse to watch movies and drink warm drinks. Is it an excuse for laziness? or just the pleasure of warmth being most thoroughly enjoyed?

I think one reason that I love winter is that it is a whole season where I am forced or drawn to think about Christ. This year, when Micah and I celebrated Christmas (we had to celebrate early) I was so blessed to turn our attention on Him and recognize that gifts we give are so imperfect and they don't solve our major problems.. but He does. He is perfect and He brings hope, peace, truth and love. Praise God for what He has done and is doing everyday through that little baby born in a stinky cow stall.

Anonymous said...

Poo on all things cold! I freaking stood at the 82nd MAX station for a freaking hour this morning, goaded by telephone and internet propmts of 'MAX is running every ten minutes,' to no avail! I couldn't feel my toes, my ears felt like they were going to fall off, and I was an hour late to work!

..freaking hate winter...

Bex said...

When the temperatures where you are have a "-" in front of them, when you have to brush/scrape 5 inches of snow off your car that fell DURING school (no snow days here!!) before you can go home, when your nose hairs freeze THEN you're allowed to complain about the cold. Thank you very much.
And...hey Portland friends...let's hang out the evening of the 30th...does that work? email or call me!

Bex said...

...but i'm very sorry about your frozen toes tre...

Micah said...

Tre', sorry that you don't like winter...there are somethings about winter that suck and it is my opinion that most good things about winter should be ejoyed inside. lol. And I am sorry that the MAX sucks Tre'.

Now Becky you need to be nice to us sissy Portlanders. =) We try to be tough but its so hard. We all know its not as cold here as it is where you are but it seems cold to us. Anywho, Becky I am sorry to say that Molly and I will be going to my parents for New Years. We are leaveing Friday night and returning late Monday night. So it sounds we will miss out hanging out with you. =(

Now Tre' when are we going to hang out? Its been awhile!

christinastanton said...

wow what a cool picture! From my apartment window you can see a lot of snow and a castle up on a hill...actually today though its kinda foggy so you can just see the outline of the castle. Something I like about winter is making sugar cookies! Just last night we made some with our kids. You can see some pictures on my blog. Merry Christmas to you and your wife!
Christinainslovenia.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Just thought you'd like to know Reno will be in the 60's today. We had rain this past week; like it for a second then the dogs get muddy. I like snow and clean dogs. Glad we got our reservations in for your time on New Years... you have SUCH the busy social schedule.

Karl said...

Winter means that the temperatures are in the mid 80's (F) instead of the summer temps of around 104 F here.
I miss the cold part of the year there, though. Hot chocolate, and popcorn on a Sunday night after church--along with a good book. Driving in the rain.
Ugh... getting homesick now.

Cool pic.