Saturday, December 31, 2005

A Year in Reflection

So here we are, 2005 is about over and we are about to start a whole new year and to be honest I am kind of sad to see this year come to an end. For some of us it has been a year of large changes, for some it has been a year of new jobs, new homes, marriage, new pets, starting new schools, and moving to new states.
***********************End of Original Post************************

Well I should tell you that I had this long typed out post with many deep insights about this last year but since my computer decided that it didn't want these deep insights to be shared with the world that it would reload my web page and I had lost almost every thing that I had typed. The only part of the message I had saved is the part at the top of the page. So now that I am tired and I don't remember all that typed you now get a summary of what I typed.
  • I said something along the lines of how I look forward to this new year and all the new things that it would bring.
  • I talked about a lot the changes we have all experienced over this last year. I wont go into all I had typed before but you all know the changes you have experienced this last year so I don't need to go into them again.
  • I encouraged us all to continue growing in our friendships and that we would spur each other on to continue growing in our relationship with God.
  • I summed up this last last year with the themes of change and growth and I wanted to encourage us all to look forward to change because it brings about growth.
  • I talked about some funny stories from our friendships... so feel free to laugh right now as if those stories were still here.
  • Lastly I talked about giving thanks to God for the growth and changes He had brought into my life this last year and how thankful I am for the friendships I have with all of you.

Now that last thing I would like from all of you, my adoring fans, I would like to know what you look forward to this next year? Do you have any hopes for 2006? Or what are some of your favorite memories for 2005? What will you miss about this last year? Let us reminisce and reflect, so POST!

Happy New Years!

4 comments:

Karl said...

I hate it when nobody comments on my posts--so I thought I would comment on this one.

I am looking forward to being back in Portland at some point. Seeing old friends, and getting settled in a little bit--if that is God's plan.

My favorite memories of 2005? Arriving here in Brazil and seeing my fiancée (at the time), and getting married.

I don't think I will miss anything about last year, as it was quite tumultious (sp?), but only (more) time will tell.

Viking Dusty said...

Favorite memories of 2005? Camping with wife and friends, moving into a house, playing lots of baseball (both real and fantasy), umm lots of other stuff that i have temporarily forgotten.

Anonymous said...

Micah, this is Anonymous. Please update your blog!

thesticklergirl said...

Hello darling.. its time for an update!
As long as it doesn't distract you from me or homework.