Friday, December 09, 2005

Light at the End of the Tunnel

Well it is now that time of year, people are putting up Christmas lights, buying Christmas trees, shopping for friends and family, drinking egg nog, wondering when it might stop raining (at least in Oregon we wonder that), and trying to get through finals. Now I know that for many of you this is no longer an issue, you are out enjoying all the things on the list above without the added weight of finals. Well to quote Napoleon Dynamite (and not Tre'); "Lucky!"

Now in reality I really don't have that much to complain about (and I really am not complaining....just envious of all of you who are done with school), I am only taking three classes one of which doesn't have a final, one is take home and the other however, is a Patty class. So maybe I am dead, this happens to be my first and most likely, last Patty class. Now this post is not really about the stresses of being in school but rather it is a focus on the anticipation of being done with school. Assuming everything goes well this semester and next, I will final be done in May. Woot!

So what I want to know what are the best things about being done with school? I want your inspiration to help spur me on so that I will finish well. So tell me what are the things you like most about being done and out of school and for those of you not done, tell me what you are looking forward to. I am close to being done and I see the light at the end of the tunnel, I can see the finish line, its just I am notorious for tripping within feet of the finish line and landing on my face. So inspire me.

6 comments:

Dan said...

Well my friend if you are done this May so is my sister and i'll be there for graduation.

Viking Dusty said...

Well, actually Micah, there is a good deal about being in school that I miss. However, it is nice to not have to worry about grades and finals and IDAQ!@# (did i spell that right?)

But you'll make it, i have no doubt.

Bex said...

Picture this micah, you finish a day's work, come home, eat a wonderful meal Molly has made, and you sit down on the couch and talk to your wife, watch TV, drink a cold frothy something, and VEG OUT all evening, with no thought to homework, papers, or any such annoyance!! It really is fabulous getting leave work and be able to do normal people things, instead of homework!! It feels so good to know I've spent lotsa years (6, to be exact) in higher education, worked my tail off, and accomplished those big goals I set for myself. It's so nice to be "getting on with it!," as they say. I KNOW you'll love it! Hang in there!
Also, I'll be in PDX Dec. 30 PM-Jan 1 AM. I know it's short, but any chance we can all hang out? Chat with the peeps and drop me an email, myspace message, call, etc.

Anonymous said...

Done with school? You can finish it? I thought everybody just always went to school. It's like one of the first things you learn to do, after walking and talking. Huh.

Anonymous said...

If you weren't my husband.. and I wasn't dependent on you finding a job to support us so we can buy a house, pop out some kids and have a white picket fence (or something) I would say "you could do what I did. Find someone to marry and stop going to school!"

Keep in mind that I didn't intend on doing that.. the Lord thought I should go to Mult. acquire some Bible knowledge, life changing experiences, some debt and a husband (wonderful, but more debt).

All I wanted was Bible :)

He blessed me with more!

Anonymous said...

The best part of finishing ANYTHING is knowing you did it. The Lord has controlled every detail of your life and He has great plans for life and future.
It seems like these have been long years and much work. But, in the big picture of life you will yearn for these years to return. Oh, and Molly, the Lord has the debit under control too.